#ManifesPolls: What are the numbers sayings?
ManifesTrack conducts an online National Survey to sample the opinion public of Nigerians on the Effectiveness of the Healthcare System and Delivery in Nigeria.
The objectives of survey were anchored on following indicators; To evaluate the knowledge of Nigerians on health care related matters such as; Basic Health care provisions fund (BHCPF), Health insurance and promises made by the president; To rate the functionality of Primary health care system and how Nigerians access health care services; The state of health insurance coverage and their rating on the president performance on health care delivery in Nigeria. The findings are as follows:
- 73% of respondents were not familiar with the president’s next level campaign promises on health.
- 66% of respondents had no knowledge of the Basic Health Care Provision Fund (BHCPF).
- 60% of respondents rated the PHC (Primary Health Care) Centre closet to them as not functional.
- On Access to medical services; 40% accessed from chemist/pharmacy, 40% from private hospitals and 20% from General hospital. This could be as a result of the non-functionality of the PHCs.
- 70% of respondents had no knowledge of health insurance and all respondents do not have an form or health insurance coverage. This could be linked to over 90% of Nigerians without health insurance.
- 80% of respondents rated the performance of the President on health below average.
In summary, the data shows there is need for awareness on health insurance and Basic Health Care Provision Fund (BHCPF)and also improvement in the functionality of PHCs .