Adesina Fagbenro Bryon
Adesina Fagbenro Bryon, Presidential Candidate of KOWA Party
Adesina Fagbenro-Byron, born June 5, 1959, (age 59), is a former governance adviser with the United Kingdom’s Department for International Development (DFID) and co-founder of KOWA party. He is a lawyer. Shina is the Chief Responsibility Officer of Mothergold Ltd. He is the founder of Sina Fagbenro & Associates, initiator of the Partnerships for Development (P4D) and co-founder and Chairman of the Victoria Modupe Oke Foundation. He is from Ibadan, Oyo State. Adesina attended Government College Ibadan 1970-74 and Federal Government College Ilorin 1975-1977. He holds a Master’s degree in Information Science and was awarded a Doctorate in Humanities in 2012 by the Commonwealth University of Belize.
SECURITY AND SAFETY OF LIFE AND PROPERTY.
- We intend to run a Government that is driven by a National Interest that is focused on value of the Nigeria Citizen, and deploy all instruments of governance and agencies of governments to deliver on fundamental principles of state policy, human rights and development.
- Subject to the Rule of Law under proposed State constitutions, States will be empowered to manage their own security apparatus to enforce State level laws.
- We will redesign our National Security architecture and system to be fit for purpose.
- Our National security policy will be based on the stated National Interest which must drive Development, Trade and Foreign policies respectively.
- Our diverse security agencies will be coordinated, provided with capacity, driven by intelligence and reoriented with a healthy and collaborative relationship between security personnel and the ordinary Nigerian citizen.
- We shall prioritize climate change and Sustainable Development Goals 2015 – 2030.
- Niger Delta clean-up will be pursed with vigor not only relying on formal large scale clean up, remediation and restoration works but also on engaging local input into the supervision and acceleration of the clean up. This shall form the only tax deductible corporate social responsibility of every oil exploration and production companies working in Nigeria.
- We will stop gully erosion in the South East region of Nigeria by deploying a regional integration, multi-disciplinary and problem driven iteration adaptation approach using local capacity but forming sustainable partnerships with cross-state support.
- We will grow a green belt of a variety of arid resistant plants and trees continuously across states between Sokoto and Maiduguri (Green Wall). This will reduce the advancement of desertification in Nigeria through effective vegetation cover for her states across the Northern borders with Niger Republic. Setting out to do this will require harmonized policies including reducing the demand for fuel woods, enforcing laws, controlled urbanization.
INFRASTRUCTURE AND ECONOMY
- We shall support industrialization, manufacturing and export.
- Priority will be given to deepen micro-financing and short term insurance, linking this to rural development in local resource exploration, value adding and production.
- We will provide subsidy to community-scale manufacturing and encourage a culture of community savings.
- We will give immediate assent to devolution of powers to the states.
- We will develop a new approach to infrastructure development by massive labor intensive capital expenditure on varying scales of Public Private Partnership arrangements.
- We will reclaim the Lake Chad with the immediate commencement of the feasibility, design, mobilization and construction of a water pipeline from the Atlantic Ocean off Cross River State to Borno State to reclaim Lake Chad with the added economic externalities including desalination plants and power stations along the route. Therefore we shall prioritize development against SDG 7 and 13.
HEALTH AND EDUCATION.
- There shall be zero tolerance for illiteracy and zero tolerance for hunger.
- In collaboration with Civil society and Private sector there shall be Universal access to basic healthcare, commodities and services through the upgrading of primary health care centers and local health service providers.
- Full implementation and periodic reviews of the Health Bill.
- We shall create multiple opportunities for and to support skills development at every stage of the human life of our citizens.
- There shall be a national reorientation that Value for Life is Value for Nigeria. Our history and cultures will be used to strengthen our value system and avoid mistakes of the past while building confidence in our youths for the future.
- In collaboration with states and local governments, civil society and faith based organizations shall facilitate the creation of Dedicated Safe Spaces for Children and Youth development in sports and entertainment.
- The education system will be reappraised and geared towards churning out products with a 21st century skill set.
- Therefore we shall prioritize development against SDG 3 and SDG 4, and benchmark achievements against their targets.
TECHNOLOGY AND INNOVATION INCUBATION
- We will, in collaboration with Nigerian universities and tertiary institutions provide support for specialized research and development capacity geared towards solving our local problems and creating massive job employment.
- We will set up a Special Innovation Revolving Fund to finance startups in partnerships with the private sector, civil society and international agencies.
- The Public Financial System to be fully automated with appropriate checks and balances put in place to secure public funds through technology
- We will engage in stimulating innovation within the ICT industry towards improving Governance, Coordination, Communication, as well as the Monitoring and Evaluation of public service delivery.
- We will ensure that all Nigerian Children under the age of 18 are in school via our zero tolerance for illiteracy program.
- We will increase national budget on Technical and Vocational Training by at least 35%.
- We will introduce a special ATM card for all Youth that have been through certified Technical and Vocational training to cover a cost of living allowance whenever unemployed.
- University and polytechnic student loans policy shall be amended to ensure a loan repayment moratorium of 2 years.
- Graduation certificates for Degree Holders shall be made acceptable as collateral for Bank Loans for enterprise development.