Muhammadu Buhari, Presidential Candidate of All Progressive Congress (APC)
Muhammadu Buhari was born in December, 1942 (age 76), in Daura, Katsina State He is the current President of Nigeria, in office since 2015. Buhari attended Kastina Model School and the Government College Katsina before joining the Nigerian Military Training College, Kaduna in 1962. He proceeded to Mons Officer Cadet School, Aldershot, United Kingdom from 1962 – 1963, and to Defense Services Staff College, Wellington, India in 1973. He also attended the US Army War College, Carlisle in 1980.
Muhammadu Buhari is a retired Major General in the Nigerian Army and previously served as the Nation’s Head of State from 31 December 1983 to 27 August 1985. In March 1976, the then Head of State, General Olusegun Obasanjo, appointed Buhari as the Federal Commissioner (position now called Minister) for Petroleum and Natural Resources. He was also appointed as the Corporation’s Chairman, a position he held until 1978. Buhari is seeking reelection in the 2019 Nigerian Presidential election.
- Engage 1Million N-power graduates.
- Skill up 10 million Nigerians under a voucher system in partnership with private sector.
- Anchor Borrowers Scheme to support input and jobs to 1 million farmers.
- Livestock Transformation Plan to create 1.5 million jobs along dairy, beef, hide and Skin, blood meal, crops etc.
- Agriculture Mechanization Policy with Tractors and Processors to create 5 million jobs.
- Provide USD500m innovation fund to tech and creative sector to create 500,000 jobs.
- Train 200,000 youth for outsourcing market in technology, services and entertainment.
- 300,000 Extra Jobs to be created for Vendors and Farmers when the number of Children being fed is in schools are increased from 9.2 million to Next Level of 15 million.
- To complete the Second Niger Bridge.
- To complete the phased works on roads in each state of the federation.
- To complete Lagos- Ibadan-Kano Rail.
- To complete Eastern Rail (Port-Harcourt-Maiduguri) taking the network through Aba, all South East state capitals, Makurdi, Jos, Bauchi and Gombe.
- To complete the Coastal Rail (Lagos-Calabar).
- To move broadband coverage to 120,000 km of fibre network across Nigeria thereby treating Broadband as Critical Infrastructure while addressing uniform Right of Way charges.
- To prioritize access to Internet to education, primary health care, markets, business clusters.
- To provide soft loans of up to N1million to small traders, artisans and commercial drivers.
- To increase the current number of 2.3 million traders, farmers, artisans under TraderMoni, and MarketMoni schemes to 10 million Nigerians under the PeopleMoni Scheme.
- To create and entrepreneurship bank which will provide Debt and Equity Support for Young Entrepreneurs; Business Planning Support and Skills and Capacity Building Support; all enabled through technology.
- To legislate and enforce deadlines for issuance of Government Licenses and Permits.
- To simplify investments, customs, immigration, trade and production procedures.
- To enable 109 One-Stop shops of all regulatory agencies (CAC, NAFDAC, SON, etc.) under one roof in each senatorial district as for MSMEs (MSME Clinics) in each Senatorial District.
- To ensure Health Insurance for all – Using co-payments to share the cost between individuals, the private sector and government to increase the population covered by primary health care from the present 12.6% to 45% by 2023.
- 1% of Consolidated Revenue Fund will go to Health funding.
- To pay young doctors to stay in rural areas using N-Power Medic.
Industrialization and Jobs
- 6 Regional Industrial Parks and Special Economic Zones to be created .
- 109 Special Production and Processing Centres (SPPCs) to spur production and value additive processing with tractors and Processors Plan in Each Senatorial District Extra Jobs to be created.
- To add a minimum of 1,000 MW New Generation incremental Power capacity per annum on the Grid.
- Distribution to get to 7,000 MW under Distribution Expansion programme.
- 9 Universities will have uninterrupted power next, when the First Phase of 37 is completed.
- To increase Energizing market program from 16 markets such as Sura, Ariaria to 300 markets and clusters with clean, uninterrupted off-grid power.
- All Teachers will be retrained to deliver digital literacy.
- 10,000 schools per year will be remodeled and equipped.
Inclusion in Government
- To achieve 35% in female appointments.
- More youth appointment for Government Boards.
- Special mentoring programme in governance with young graduates working with Ministers and other senior government appointees.